INTERVIEW; Tokio Hotel 12.09.09 – Leute Heute Interview

Your new album releases in the beginning of october, how satisfied are you with the result?
Bill: we’re very satisfied, it’s very exciting, because we’ve produced very long, worked very long at it. It’s like a baby, you don’t know what you’re doing somehow. You’re doing something you like and you’re happy with it, and then the time comes when it’s released, and we’re really nervous.And we’re really happy with it, we took our time, tried a lot of new things, and are really satisfied.

The title means humanoid, is that something personal or.. how did you come up with the title?
Tom: It is kinda personal, Humanoid was a little a feeling that accompanied Bill and me through life.It’s like that until today.And we realised with writing songs for the album that the title fits to us.

For the first time the album is released in english and german at the same time, is it different to sing in english?
Bill: Well, it was a challenge to do both languages from the beginning, because last time we had more time, we translated afterwards.And it was more work than expected, because we made the texts in two languages and it takes two times longer. For example, the videos. But we didn’t want to neglect any version.I had to get used to it, but nowadays.. We’re kinda back to the beginning, to what we did in the beginning. When we started ten years ago, we started in german and english too. And now we’re doing that again. It feels good.

What’s it like to be famous in the USA and Canada?
Tom: Very good, of course. I mean, we hope to go to as much countries as possible.And we haven’t been to Japan until now, we still wanna do that. And it’s great, of course. Those can’t be too much countries for us.

Are the fans different then here over there?
Tom: I think every fan is different, I don’t think you can decide that in countries. You can’t say it’s like that in Canada, and like that in France.

What was the experience like to do the photoshoot with Karl Lagerfelt, for the vogue?
Bill: It was a very good experience.It’s like dreams you can make true in between and it was really nice.I was really excited that I was able to do that. We could get along well and I like him very much, it was really nice to work with him. It was a very nice photoshoot and it was really nice.

Did you know from the beginning what he wanted?
Bill:I think we can understand eachother really well, because we’re both perfectionists. I really know what I want, and he too. I think it was the fastes photoshoot I ever had and it went really well.

With the last album, things happend offstage, with stalkers. Are those the shadow-sides you have to live with?
Bill: It are the shadow-sides, the things the success takes along and you have to live with.It really is one of the negative things.

Did it get better, is it over now?
Bill:I don’t think it will ever get over.
Tom: Well, we’re a lot away, and because of that we don’t really get to know it. Because of that it’s a little hard to decide, but last year, when we produced the album, we tried to live completely privat. And than we realised that has become really hard.

You were accused of punching one of the stalkers, how is that now, is that still going on?
Tom: Yes, that..Yes.
Gustav, you were attacked with a beer-glass.That must have hurt, not?
Gustav: Yeah, yeah. It has hurt.
Tom: We have had really different things that have hurt, to be honest. We fight daily, that hurts much more.

As said, I believe you’re the only one in a official relationship, Georg?
Georg: Yes, not only official. I’m the only one that’s taken.

How does it look like at the others?Nothing new?
Bill:With me like before, because of Tokio Hotel…Yeah, there wasn’t a relationship. I hope it’ll change sometime. I’d love to tell something different, I’m not the one to keep that a secret. That’s really stupid, not to say it. I hope it’ll happen sometime, of course.

What are your plans for next year?
Bill: We will be away a lot, we try to go to every country, to meet the fans, show the album and so.We’re planning our tour now, we will play a really big tour in the beginning of 2010.So, there’s something in our schedule. I believe in our schedule there’s no free time anymore.

So, last question, because you lived completely private: did you miss everything, the concerts and so?
Bill: Well, it’s nice sometimes to not see each other every day. And when there’s written so much shit, you’ll love to sit back and make music and so. It was actually only irritating. We were making the album and you want the people to hear that sometime, so it feels good to go out and to be ready with the album and… I can’t imagine not doing it for years or something like that. I need it.When you’re not on stage for a long time, you want to do it again.

Comment by noussa
2009-09-13 06:42:42

Bill looked really sad when he said he’s single since Th began
and that stalker thing I hope the press people would stop talking about it

Comment by MeghanLeigh!
2009-09-13 15:11:54

I hope those stalker bitches haven’t turned him fucking gay!

DAMN FUCKERS I THINK TOM SHOULD HAVE RAN THE FAT BITCH OVER I WOULDA!

Comment by MexicanTHfan
2009-09-14 20:25:08

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA U CRACK ME UP BUT YA IF THEY DID TURN HIM GAY DONT WORRY WELL MAKE SURE HE GOES STRAIGHT AGAIN 🙂 HEHEHEHEHEHE

Comment by MexicanTHfan
2009-09-14 20:45:03

POOR BILL WELL HE LOOKS LIKE HE SAID IT IN AN ATTIDUTE LIKE HE DOES WANT A GIRL BUT KINDA SAYING THAT HE DOESNT CARE KINDA FACE IDK

Comment by Wannaby Bill's Girl ♥
2009-09-13 07:07:53

Bill did luk sad saying he is single 🙁

Comment by Vy
2009-09-13 15:03:13

dont worry bill im here 😉

Comment by MeghanLeigh!
2009-09-13 15:16:17

I love how as soon as the first question was asked everyone just looked at Bill. Its like a silent agreement that he ALWAYS gets to talk first……

Comment by loveme.xx.8
2009-09-13 07:27:27

awwwh they all look soo good!
and when gustav talked.. IT WAS SOO CUTE. loll
the noise he made.. or whatever he said .. was adorable.
poor billi, he’ll get his dream girl one day. 🙂
i just wish it was in english.
gah! ill just have to learn german … -.-

Comment by laiila
2009-09-13 10:35:07

tom looked so sad and upset while talkin about the stalkers i think he still ddnt get over it as i thought:/

Comment by Vera
2009-09-13 15:40:32

Toms seemed really upset lately in general. Perrine can never let this go. Shes really bonkers and doesn’t want to ever settle this. She wants fame and to destroy Tokio Hotel- because Tom won’t love her.

Comment by Anon
2009-09-14 06:41:02

Yeah. You can tell that he really didn’t want to talk about it. Everyone loos sorta sad in this interview. Sigh.

Comment by Sarah
2009-09-14 07:50:35

Yeah, why interviewers keep remind them of what they want to forget.

Comment by -Trina-
2009-09-13 11:01:53

you can see when the interviewer started talking about the stalkers that tom got a lil un-comfratable..(figeting a little more)..

Comment by Keke
2009-09-13 11:04:51

Did Bills testicals drop or something cuz he’s voice is deeper xD lol jk

Comment by Vy
2009-09-13 15:03:43

LMFAOOO

Comment by MeghanLeigh!
2009-09-13 15:14:38

Maybe the new tightness of the pants has shifted the boys lower down…..

hmmmmm if i ever meet him ill ask, ‘kay guys?

Comment by Vy
2009-09-13 16:40:11

haha please do

Comment by Dilyara Kaulitz
2009-09-13 11:11:51

I think Bill’s voice DID get a bit deeper! Tom saying about Canada made me feel special ^^

Comment by MeghanLeigh!
2009-09-13 15:13:32

ME TOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Its like the first positive thing he has said about this cold-desolate-igloo/polarbear/infested land to the north!

lmaof. I love how people assume that canada is like a glacier!

Comment by Sarah
2009-09-14 07:55:20

Don’t forget that their career in America began in Montreal. Their first show ever in America was in Montreal.

Comment by a.b-immortal love
2009-09-13 12:12:57

bill is so sad..i fell pain for him..realy…becouse he is so perfect and is single..oh my god..irs rhat posible?????!!!

Comment by mela
2009-09-13 12:40:53

They seemed SO bored in this interview! I miss the silly funny interviews. We didn’t see much of Tom’s sense of humor in this one. I wonder what was up, if they were sleepy or if the interviewer was just boring.

Comment by Jessica
2009-09-14 05:44:45

I think that it’s not because they’re sleepy..but I guess that’s because the question are asked again and again..only really few new stuff..and nothing that interesting at all…

or maybe they had a fight before the interview? Tom looked kinda guilty to me..=.=

I hope not though…

Comment by Sarah
2009-09-14 07:59:09

Tom said that their fight hurts more than being it by a beer bottle. I don’t know if he was joking but it’s sound serious the way he said it.

2009-09-13 13:46:56

BUENA ENTREVISTA ESPERO QUE VENGAN A PERU

2009-09-14 14:56:43

Ah Peru ! 🙂
I don’t live there, but i’m from there

Comment by Immy
2009-09-13 14:16:43

I hatee it when people ask tom about the stalker thing, its obvious he dont want to talk about it, he looked really fed-up and embaressed at the same time.
I totally feel for Bill, he looks so sad. I hope he does get a change.

Comment by Myrandia
2009-09-13 15:37:23

Wish interviewers would stop referring to the stalkers as wanting a picture or autograph that night. Perrine said herself she went to Tom because she was mad he had taken photos of her without her scarf over her face. They obtained a lot of info against The Afghans and Perrine said she was telling Tom off.

Comment by Vera
2009-09-13 16:50:17

Bill actually says “I don’t think it will ever be over. There are a lot of charges…”

Comment by Melody
2009-09-13 19:37:32

They don’t look bored, they look tired…it’s back to business again ! Waking up early, travelling to promote the new album. It’s been a while, not use to anymore ! 😀

2009-09-13 20:14:03

I don’t understand the meaning of the album title. How does it connect to them? And it was really sad when she brought up the stalkers and what happened to Gustav. What Tom said was rather upsetting. Bill looked really sad, too. I really hope he finds a special girl to make him happy. I don’t want them to hurt at all, but I guess that’s life…

Comment by Jessica
2009-09-14 05:47:41

He said in one interview i guess..(was it? i’m not sure..)
that their life, being famous, makes everything they do…like automatic, like robots and all. They can’t go out freely, just talking to friends, hanging out with random people, and they feel like they’re not human anymore…:)
Hope this helps^^

And I wish that too…

Comment by laiila
2009-09-14 08:03:20

yea thats what i thought too

Comment by Nel
2009-09-14 04:50:59

Too bad that he doesnt have a gf.And good as well..
However,he looks sad with no girl 🙁

Comment by Sarah
2009-09-14 08:06:09

I think when he’ll finally find a girl, there are not gonna have jealousy around her (ok, thousand girls gonna cry) because everyone will be so happy for him.

Comment by loveme.xx.8
2009-09-14 08:19:32

lol xD
you know there’s one thing tht i dont get ..
.. right now we’r all like “awwwh, poor bill. hope he gets a gf soon” & stuff like that
BUT
when he does we’r all like gonna be like “WTFF or BITCHH” and shit like that. but deep deep down we’r happy for him & wishing that his gf is youselff.

xD LMAO .
i love bein a fan.

& THEY SHOULD TOTALLY STOP IT WITH THESE QUESTIONS .
>.<

2009-09-14 17:12:52

I really do hope that Bill gets a girl because I don’t wanna see him depressed like this. When he does get a girl, I’ll be hurt and happy at the same time. Being a TH fan is complicated, but I love it. Outsiders just don’t understand us. ^_~

2009-09-14 14:58:26

Ah the stalker quetions
*Shakes head*
Shame on the interviewerss.
& perrine.

Comment by Tanya M
2009-09-14 22:44:58

Exactly. Interviewers just bring focus, in an indirect way, to Perrine when they talk about the stalkers. And Perrine loves attention.

2009-09-15 14:29:10

Yea, if they just stop asking about her, she’ll be disapointed.
Which she deserves.

2009-09-15 14:29:43

it*

2009-09-14 14:59:45

I love Bill’s ring.
Its pertay 🙂

Comment by KARLA
2009-09-14 18:24:17

DUDE EVERYTIME THEY ASK BILL ABOUT THAT LIKE SERIOUSLY THEY NEED TO STOP IT MAKES HIM SAD DUDE YOU CAN HEAR THE CHANGE OF TONE IN HIS VOICE AND HOW HE LOOKS DOWN WHEN THEY ASK HIM THAT.

Comment by Blushing
2009-09-14 22:47:41

*confession*
I replay Bill saying “Baby” over and over cuz it turns me on!

2009-09-15 18:07:55

Comment by Ash
2009-09-16 01:49:52

…When they asked about how realtionships affect everyone, I notcied, Bill seemed sad. He was sad to answer…I feel bad.
=/

Comment by kaulitz_lover
2009-09-18 22:07:48

aww, bill, ur so amazingly perfect <3

and haha he releates it to a baby =P i find that kinda funny, out of everything… xP

u guys haevnt come to ncanada very much id like to point out! -_- 🙁

& yes, exactly. every fan is different, and u have to give us a chance…
& how bill said that, he wants to be in a relationship some day, it made me feel, like, i dono, like hes so, pure. does anybody get me? hes different. not a perve, doesnt use ppl, hes pure if u no wat i mena.