NEWS; Tokio Hotel Premieres New Video, ‘World Behind My Wall’

The oldest member of Tokio Hotel hasn’t even hit 25 years old yet, but with three full-lengths albums under their chunky, possibly personalized belt buckles, they’re already ready for their seminal behind-the-scenes footage video.

NEWS; Tokio Hotel Premieres New Video, World Behind My Wall

Tokio Hotel’s brand-new “World Behind My Wall” video — their second single off of Humanoid — does two things. “World Behind My Wall” gives true-blue Tokio Hotel fans what they want… MORE Tokio Hotel, especially behind-the-scenes footage. And “World Behind My Wall” also lays the foundation for Tokio Hotel’s inclusion in the (unofficial) Rock Ballads Of Yearning And Need Hall Of Fame. From The Beatles’ “Help” to U2’s “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For,” Guns N’ Roses’ “November Rain” to Green Day’s “Boulevard Of Broken Dreams,” “World Behind My Wall” is, quite simply, a song about need, and a song about finding someone or something that can disarm fear and connect men of such magnitude to the things in life more important than the trappings of fame.

Unsurprisingly and symbolically, a transformative song like “World Behind My Wall” needs… a semaphore for hurt and transition, and that’s fire. Alongside shots of the guys playing with puppies, heating up pizza, and pushing each other into walls in this case — in other words, being normal behind closed doors — Tokio Hotel burns down the walls that separate them from the real world.

So, while Tokio Hotel doesn’t race vintage cars (though there is a quick shot of a luxe Porsche) and connect robots to each other in this video like they did in “Automatic,” they’ve succeeded in opening themselves up on camera, and turning what could even read as a love letter to their fans into an extremely intimate look at themselves as actual human beings.

Scroll down to watch Tokio Hotel’s “World Behind My Wall” video at tokiohotelrocks.com (:

Comment by charlotte
2009-12-16 13:16:56

wheres the vidio lol first comentttt xzxz

Comment by aky
2009-12-16 13:17:11

i love you Bill rock on

Comment by Vickirsten
2009-12-16 13:21:39

This video is a simple one: no robots, no making up, no bling bling, no creativity, just Tokio Hotel guys as they are every day when there is no interview, or record or video clip to do. they are humans just like we are and that’s cool. We can see them, playing like we do at home,with our dog, driving like everybody with some fun, sleep, eating…what else? Tokio Hotel is a group of four young common boys who just enjoy us with their music…and that’s great!!

Comment by Sandra
2009-12-16 14:48:13

i love them so much!<3

Comment by JumbieGirl89
2009-12-16 14:51:28

I’m so proud of them for being themselves they have went through so much this year and they deserve to have 2 big videos so that the world could see that they are no longer little kids or teenagers they are men (And sexy men at that lol). And I think it’s time for people to see them as grown men and not little teenage kids, even though they love have fun but don’t we all. I say Kudoes guys and keep up the great work I love the videos u guys rock

Comment by kaylie
2009-12-16 15:09:27

this is such a great video…indescribable! its so much better than one of those huge production vids, those are exciting, but this is what we love about tokio hotel, the connection to the fans, the sharing <3

Comment by RedSkittles89
2009-12-16 15:10:45

I LOVE THIS VIDEO..BILL YOU LOOK SO CUTE SLEEPING..AND DRIVING..AND FOOLING AROUND LIKE NORMAL PPL =D. I TRUELY LOVE YOU

~MarianelaVargas~

Comment by DANIELLE
2009-12-16 16:27:37

LOVE THE VIDEO, LOVE THE GUYS, LOVE THE SONG, LOVE THE INSIDE PERSPECTIVE(THE DOGS;SO CUTE!),THE INTERACTIONS BETWEEN THEM, THEIR SIMPLICITY IN ALL THIS MADNESS THAT IS THEIR LIVES…JUST LOVE THEM;-))

Comment by Carolina
2009-12-17 11:31:43

I loved the video and the part that made me laugh was when Tom was sticking his middle finger out.jejeje. and the Boys looked great together.

2009-12-17 15:29:17

Porshe ?
That was hilarious when Tom threw his middle finger up 😀

2009-12-17 19:16:02

If this is “a love letter to their fans,” it’s absolute perfect! I can’t even explain how appreciative I am. I am so thankful that they’re sharing their amazing talents with us. But aside from that, it’s the little things that I appreciate the most. I love that they take a few seconds to make those cute little thank-you vids for us. Or the way Tom takes some time out of his incredibly busy schedule to write his blog. Or the fact that they’re on TH TV every week sharing their experiences with us. We have something really special here. It’s so much more than just a band and theirs fans. I know I’m being a little emotional and weird right now, but yeah. =)

Comment by tinky
2009-12-18 00:02:03

loved the video its shows how they have fun and that they are like all of us normal human that need their space to have fun.Beautiful message.

Comment by kat
2009-12-18 02:41:37

i really love this song. 🙂 i hope they can have a tour here in Asia (esp. Philippines). that song made me think the soft or sad side of bill. 🙂

Comment by kat