INTERVIEW; tokio hotel – Hitkrant

INTERVIEW; tokio hotel - Hitkrant INTERVIEW; tokio hotel - Hitkrant

Good better best

No we did not become better friends.

Hitrant: You love them or you hate them.
So one is happy that it is Tokio Hotel month at TMF.
The other can’t wait till their concert on february 23 is over.
What do the boys think about it themselves?

HK:We have understood that you are not completely ready for the tour, should we start worrying?

Bill: No way!
We are spending so much time in the studio right now to practice and to prepare everything.
Actually we are doing all that just so we can put on an most awesome as possible show.
We do not want to just put on a new show, but we want to go all out (can’t think of the right word) and surprise.
Tom: We often get the question why it is taking so long before Tokio Hotel perfoms live again.
Ofcourse that is a compliment but preparing a show takes a lot of time and energy.
Bill: We have been to London for it a lot.
There is a lot of movement in the show and especially the stage is going to be awesome.

HK: Okay, that is enough promotion, guys! Have you become a better band in the last few years?

Gustav: Absolutely, I think we all have started playing better because we performed live a lot and the tours we have done. We have learned a lot from it.
Georg:And that while we never take music lessons. But see for yourself, listen to our first album and the last one, which one is better soundwise?
Bill: Okay, we get a lot of criticism.
That we can’t speak English, that our level sucks.
We don’t mind.
We are not musicians or composers.
We are 4 normal boys who love making music.
That is what we have reached throughout the years with few music lessons.
We have taught ourselves everything.

HK: Did you become better friends as well?

Bill: No we have always been good friends. That has not gotten better or worse, it is just a fact!

Tom: You have to be when you are in a band.
We spend so much time with each other, you can’t be any other way.
In our case that is really the way it is.
We have known each other since we started as a school band and have been through everything together. from the first hit to all the big concerts we have played.

HK:You have also been to the USA. We are not losing Tokio Hotel, are we?

Bill: That tour was great, but traveling through Europe gives us more of a home feeling.
Don’t misunderstand me: all 4 of us are happy when we jump on a plane to the states.
But when we get to go home, that is a really good feeling as well.

HK: You have been though a lot as a band, do you get nervous at all anymore?

Georg: Yes, every time we get critical questions asked by Hitkrant, we never get used to that.
Bill: Not really, The press is always really nice to us.
But we do get nervous for a lot of things. Like, for instance,this tour, we do not know what to expect
And if everyone still likes us. You can compare it to the feeling of going back to school after summervacation.

HK: Will 2010 be the year of Tokio Hotel?

Gustav: If it is up to us Yes!
Tom:We are giving up our entire year to make it a success.
Bill: It is not a question of up or down (do or die), because we plan to go on with Tokio Hotel for a long time.
But it will be an important year.
We are looking at it as a live year.
We will be performing a lot in Europe, after that we will go to South America.
We will be back in the summer for festivals and in the meantime we will write songs for a new album.
Vacation? What is that again??
No, that won’t happen in 2010.
Maybe at christmas time.

Hitkrant:
Tickets to their concert:
As a real fan you ofcourse already know, but Tokio Hotel is having a concert in Ahoy in Rotterdam on February 23.
And ofcourse we have scored some tickets for it.
If you want to win 2, enter the contest on hitkrant.nl
We need your name, adres, age, phonenumber and of course why you should win these tickets. Good luck!!

Comment by LoveTH
2010-01-09 06:42:18

LONDON!? Whut? If I had known that I would have been there!! pfffttt They NEVER come to the UK ¬.¬

Comment by penpey
2010-01-09 10:47:12

SAME! haha they could of TOLD us!!!!
damn i would of walked for months on end if i new they where in london….ARGGGGGGGGGGG
o LoveTH im think ive said this before but o well I LOVE YOU AVII!!!!

2010-01-10 16:53:04

I want to go on tour with them and live with them. That would be so awesome. That would be the best thing on earth. If only that could come true.

Comment by Tanya M
2010-01-09 09:25:52

I’m so excited about the tour I could explode. I hope it’s a big as the Zimmer tour – that was awesome.

Comment by kyna
2010-01-09 12:03:07

so are they not coming to the US?

Comment by Allison
2010-01-10 12:16:49

IDK BUT THEY BETTER!! now im all paranoid since they didnt mention it! well maybe i’ll just have to go to take a vacation in mexico…but there’s so CRAZY CFFs down there so idk what im gonna do 🙁

Comment by Sami
2010-01-09 13:13:49

Yea.. .i mean they mentioned Europe and South America…where is America…??? :S TOT i want to see bill again! *cries*

Comment by th_stine_norway
2010-01-09 13:25:11

i dont wanna be mean now but… why are you guys crying when they dont come to the US? its not so longt time since they’we benn there, it has been longer to wayt for us in europa… and we are the one that shuld cry sinc bill are talking about moving to the freaking US -.- cruel world…

Comment by kyna
2010-01-09 17:29:38

no ones crying please don’t get defensive its just a quetion we are all fans so don’t attack us.

Comment by Allison
2010-01-10 12:23:18

no offense but yea look at the size of the US, theyve only hit the big places on the east and west coast repeatadly, they havent done a major tour here. well yea they arent really big enough too do that but just saying, alot of us have a right to be wanting them to come back some!and they arent moving here they said theyd like to have a vacation home but they could never leave germany so yea :/ honestly they havent been within a 16 hour drive of where one of my friend lives and she lives in a pretty big sized city that a lot of major bands vist

Comment by Silje
2010-01-10 17:36:21

Haha, enig! jeg mener, jeg har vært fan i over 4 år og har enda ikke fått sett de live en eneste gang…
Folk blir sure over å ikke få se de “igjen” på lenge. Hva med oss som aldri har sett de, du ser ikke meg sitte her hjemme å grine som en unge for det:p

Sorry hvis jeg høres ut som et sånt kynisk kvinnemenneske uten respekt for noen ting – er ikke det altså
Er bare blitt så lei dramaqueens.

Comment by * xo ; scenestarr.
2010-01-09 13:25:19

oh ma gawd gustii talked 🙂 ♥
I didn’t know it was th month !!
Yay! 🙂

* xo ; scenestarr.

Comment by perla kaulitz
2010-01-09 13:43:39

come to the united states , we love u guys and would love 2 c u live !!!(:

Comment by Enke
2010-01-09 15:17:45

It has been quite a while since the band
came to the states plus they were performing
in europe way before they ever performed
in the US. They need to come to the US again
soon, I think they’ll be quite surprised about
how big their fan base has grown.

Comment by Trina
2010-01-09 15:22:44

yo does anyone know if they’re comeing to canada????

Comment by Allison
2010-01-10 12:25:53

they’ll probably go there around the same time as the US im thinking so ur in the same boat as me, there isnt any word yet, which sucks 🙁

Comment by tanya.
2010-01-09 16:36:12

wahhaaaa!! D: when are they coming to the us?!?!?

2010-01-09 20:50:32

They forgot to mention the US… That kinda worries me. They’ll probably come down here during the late summer or fall, though. Well, that’s what I’m hoping for!

Comment by Carolina
2010-01-10 00:15:17

I Wish with all my heart for them to come to the US,
I’ve never been to one of their concerts but if they
come I’ll frikin’ go! 🙂

Comment by Jenni
2010-01-10 19:01:31

Ha! I love how they’re NOT coming to Boston…. (that was sarcasm) >.< COME TO BOSTON, I can walk to that city from my house!!!!!!!!! Hell, I’ll jam my ass in a car and drive for 5 hours to New York if I have to. 🙂

2010-01-10 22:01:59

I heard they won’t come to the states at all. Sucks. They’re also going to work on a new ablum after this, so, That’s great :]

Comment by Tanya M
2010-01-10 22:55:41

I can understand people on both sides of the Atlantic wishing they’d come to see them more, but sometimes it’s just as easy to travel to see them and not as expensive as you’d think.

I have to travel to major cities to see my favorite bands anyway. Find a hotel, transportation, etc.. I live inbetween major cities so seeing a good concert is always gonna cost me alot of money no matter what.

So my friends and I have travelled to Europe when we can scrap together enough money for concerts there. If you go standby and don’t mind youth hostels it’s actually alot of fun and not that expensive.

Tokio Hotel have great concerts everywhere but the big arena ones in Europe for the Zimmer tour were mind blowing! I hope they get to the states for a big tour as well, but that may not happen or it may just be small venues. So me and my friends are once again planning for Europe concerts.

Comment by Michelle
2010-01-12 08:56:54

hmm no US?? im starting to disslike TH…