NEWS; Focus on: tokio hotel – Bill and Tom Kaulitz

Blog de tokio-hotel2 : Tokio Hotel   //    •  Le Fan Club Officiel Français de Tokio Hotel •, Italie - Vogue photoshoot twins - 10.2010 - Part 2

Famous because
They are the founders of the most acclaimed German band of the last decades and the forbidden dream for teenagers all over the world.

Personal style
“We have very different and well-defined personalities, and this is clear from our looks, too,” says Bill: he has an unmistakable androgynous style, influenced by glam and goth aesthetics, while Tom focuses on being comfortable and wears oversized, rapper-style clothes. (L’Uomo Vogue, October 2010)

Zoom
They expressed their talent for music at an early age: Tom started playing the guitar at 7 and Bill was a contestant in the talent show Star Search at 13. Several albums (from Schrei, released in 2005, to Humanoid in 2009), a prominent number of international awards and the undisputed status of icons in the teenage imagery, are only some of their achievements so far.

In public
They don’t have a stylist and have always personally chosen their looks. Bill, the frontman, is the one who wears the most outrageous stage outfits: he is a fashion lover, he has designed and customised his own clothes since he was a kid. His style is constantly evolving: he left jeans and t-shirt behind and has opted for more refined clothes (blazers, leather jackets, unique pants and chic aviator-style jumpsuits). The glam android costumes he has recently wore at the Welcome to Humanoid City tour were designed by Dsquared²’s Dean and Dan Caten.

In private
Bill leaves his over-the-top style aside: he spends his free time wearing a tracksuit and no make-up. Tom stays true to his hip-hop style.

Shoes
Bill wears boots or combat boots, while Tom always wears sneakers, which he collects.

Hair
They both have dark blonde hair and dye it black. Bill likes experimenting with his haircut and style: the infamous spiky hairstyle and the punk mohawk drew the attention of the media, but he has recently opted for a shorter cut, with a vaguely Fifties styling. Tom has cornrows.

Jewelry
Bill often wears necklaces – basic silver chains or complicated multistrand pieces, embellished with spikes or rhinestones.

Style icons
Karl Lagerfeld, Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler, David Bowie.

Favorite item of clothing
Bill loves jackets; Tom cannot part with his baggy pants.

Favorite designers
Karl Lagerfeld, Hedi Slimane for Dior Homme, Rick Owens.

Favorite city
Tokyo (hence the name of the band).

Favorite music
Bill listens to pop-rock music (Stereophonics, Coldplay, Kings of Leon), Tom prefers listening to hip-hop (the German rapper Samy Deluxe is one of his favorite artists).

Favorite food
They are vegetarians. They love pasta and pizza.

Favorite movies
Among Bill’s favorite movies, The Notebook by Nick Cassavetes, The Twilight saga (he has a passion for vampire movies), Labyrinth by Jim Henson and The Nightmare Before Christmas by Tim Burton. Tom likes The Fifth Element by Luc Besson and Meet Joe Black by Martin Brest.

Favorite tv series
Prison Break and Nip/Tuck for Bill, The King of Queens for Tom.

Motto
Bill’s motto is “Whatever happens, believe in you, believe in life, believe in tomorrow. Believe in everything you do, every time” (a sentence he says during his live performances). Tom’s motto is the down-to-earth “Carpe diem”.

Good habits
They sleep a lot, when they can, and relax by playing with their dogs.

Bad habits
Bill is a control freak, while Tom is lazy.

They love
Bill loves body piercings and tattoos (he has four), while Tom has a passion for graffiti.

They hate
Paparazzi.

We like them because
They have redefined the idea of boy band thanks to their talent and have imposed their personal style with perseverance, in spite of criticism.

Source : Vogue

2010-10-09 09:55:21

I like this interview but they should do one for the band as a whole.

Comment by shannon
2010-10-15 00:03:29

totly even thou it is mostly tom and bill georg and gustave work had to people give them credit

Comment by hawaii01
2010-10-09 12:14:44

agreed. And isn’t carpe diem gustav’s motto? Copycatter tom :p

Comment by althea
2010-10-09 12:17:20

even if Gustav was there he would not speak anyway…as for George, he would just be the butt of the band’s jokes…you cannot blame the G’s to rather stay with their girlfriends and really have a good time…I admire that they respect each other’s preferrences…this is what ultimately bonds them so don’t be paranoid y’all…this works for them…just saying…

Comment by Tammy
2010-10-09 15:28:53

im hating that lately Gustav and Georg have been out of the whole picture.
Without them there wouldn’t really be Tokio Hotel. Interviewers should acknowledge ALL sexy ppl of the band ;)

2010-10-09 18:44:47

I just wanna say that Bill’s hair looks amazing short. I didn’t think it would, cos I remember that Halloween interview back in 2008 when he said that maybe he would cut it short, and I was thinking that he shouldn’t do that. But he has it very, very short now and I absolutely love it.

Comment by Ravyn
2010-10-09 22:08:27

>_> ffff, Georg and Gusti shouldve been acknowledged. I hate how its always about the twins, don’t get me wrong cos I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tom, but I’d like to know more about the G’s.

Comment by romana
2010-10-10 07:03:52

awesome interview – but there are 2 guys left :(

Comment by Amanda
2010-10-10 11:43:09

Hmmmm… I kinda like bill’s older hair the Mohawk much more, but my fav was the mane!!! But that’s not my business it’s his own hair!. One of my fav bands is also coldplay!!! Yay and I loved them before I knew about TH :) , but of course I love TH more!!, anyway I really agree with all of you they should bring georg and gustav too!!! It’s been a long time since we’ve heard of them :(

Comment by Angel Namerah
2010-10-10 13:19:05

loveddddddddddd it and yays thr is back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by tinky
2010-10-11 00:46:06

great interview love that they are down to earth and are just themselves not wanting to be someone else.

Comment by IMATOMMYFAN
2010-10-11 08:16:14

FIRST OF ALL….
I am NOT A TEENAGER..I am 26yrs old and they are mine forbidden dream 2 !! lol
anyways another thing is Bill didn’t change his hair.
its the same cut, it’s just gel back.
XO

Comment by Magenta
2010-10-11 19:50:40

obsessive much

Comment by IMATOMMYFAN
2010-10-11 08:16:17

FIRST OF ALL….
I am NOT A TEENAGER..I am 26yrs old and they are mine forbidden dream 2 !! lol
anyways another thing is Bill didn’t change his hair.
its the same cut, it’s just gel back.
XO